ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Sets up and operates machine to form longitudinal bends, rolls, beads, or embossed design onto sheet metal strips by action of two or more roller dies to fabricate items, such as molding, trim, weather-strip, and structural shapes specified by work order or diagram:
2. Positions spindles to align male and female roller dies and adjusts rolls to thickness of metal, using feelers, rule, shims, gauges, and hand tools.
3. Sets side guides, Turns knobs to set footage meter and control which stops machine or activates automatic shear when specified length of strips has been run.
4. Starts machine, observes operation, and verifies dimensions of finished products, using micrometers, gauges, and rule.
5. Responsible for efficient machine operation to ensure less rejects and operational downtime
6. May butt-weld ends of coil together to form continuous feed and verify coolant levels in machine and oil and grease moving parts as specified.
7. Examines, inspects, and measures raw materials and finished products to verify conformance to specifications.
8. Reads rolling orders, blueprints, and mill schedule to determine setup specifications, work sequences, product dimensions, and installation procedures.
9. sets distance points between rolls, guides, meters, and stops, according to specifications.
10. directs and trains other workers to change rolls, operate mill equipment, removes coils and cobbles, and band and load materials.
11. Follow safety rules, report near misses and incidents to his supervisor. Is responsible for his own safety and watch for safety of his working colleagues. Maintains good housekeeping of his workplace.
B. QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL SKILLS
? Passed ITI / Secondary school / Equivalent
? Excellent hands on knowledge of Roll Forming machine operation, trouble shooting & machine adjustments and electrical operation
? Executing the Slitting machine with accuracy to achieve the required slitting plan
? 2-4 YEARS experience IN relevant role
C. OTHERS SKILLS
? Communicative and open minded.
? Structured thought process & analytical approach